Saturday, January 10, 2009

2nd half of decking installed

I stopped by Rollin Street today to inspect the finished concrete work that my floor tiles will sit on. I took some photos of the upper deck that we installed last Tuesday. I hadn't taken any photos while we were installing because it was such a tremendous pain in the ass to install that there was no time for such frivolities.

This is a shot from the 2nd floor mezzanine that overlooks the lobby. While the architects have been great to work with and have done an excellent job designing the lobby space, they did accidentally forget about an HVAC register that ended up being placed right above the platform.

The concrete slab ended up looking really great thanks to Larry, HSW's concrete finisher. He worked on leveling it out for three days. When I saw it on Friday, two hours before quitting time, it looked pretty whacked. Somehow in those two hours Larry made it all happen.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment