Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Counter Installation

I installed this counter height chunck of decking at Rollin St yesterday. The 2x6's were salvaged from the former building on site where they were nailed together for floor decking. I pulled the 20 foot long boards apart, denailed them, planed them, graded them, glued and screwed them back together, filled the voids with blue resin, sanded them flat, applied clear epoxy all over, cut a hole in the center and slotted it over this 9 foot tall column.
The architects have designed a really great space for my work. I feel really lucky to have them on this project.

The tradesmen on site are a great group as well. I've borrowed three different tools from the guy whose face you can see in the above picture. They all want the building to look good and are proud of their work.

Here's a shot of the space with most of the interior columns visible. Today, we delivered and installed the bigger chunk of decking. We worked 10 hours without taking a break and barely got it done. Didn't have time to shoot pictures, but I'll go back later this week and follow up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment